1. Build self-confidence through creativity
2. Encourage expression of emotions
3. Help distract the mind from pain and discomfort
4. Achieve a sense of freedom and self awareness
5. Enable adjustment to changing self image
We offer weekly art therapy groups for older adults though our Beyond Words project.
'Beyond Words' Project Outline
- Care homes and day centres across London are offered the opportunity to participate in the scheme which provides weekly art therapy groups for older adults for 3 terms.
- The first term is offered for free. For the second and third terms the care homes are asked to contribute towards the cost.
- Each group is facilitated by a trained art therapist, alongside a volunteer support worker.
- Weekly groups offer participants the chance to engage in art-making, alongside group discussions which encourage reminiscence and sharing of stories.
- Therapists are also able to offer therapeutic support for those with issues such as anxiety and depression.
- The therapists and volunteers receive training and supervision to support them throughout the project.
- Therapists provide the care home staff with weekly reports on each participant’s level of engagement and feedback on how they are doing/causes for concern.
SPECIAL OFFER: Get 10 weeks FREE art therapy when you sign up for 3 terms.